Subject: HOW TO: Creating a Resizable GUI
From: [email-masked] (Udo K Schuermann)
Date: 12 Jun 1994 22:10:51 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

Due to a few requests on the topic, I took the time to create the following
document to serve as a sort of tutorial  for what I  call "hand-crafting" a
freely resizable GUI based on Intuition and GadTools.  It is not a ready to
run layout engine like MUI, but a  methodology to achieve  the same core of
flexibility without the overhead that less necessary features require.

Consider this a gift.  If you don't agree with my opinions or  with  what I
present here, then ignore it.   I am doing  this because I  believe that it
may help create more flexible software.  I invite public discussion of this
stuff, but do not know how much time I have to participate to any extent.

Enjoy!

 ._.  Udo Schuermann
 ( )  [email-masked]

--------------------------------(snip snip)--------------------------------

			  The Walrus Layout Engine
			  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
		A presentation of methods for hand-crafting
		     a resizable graphic user interface
				    ***
		     Copyright (c) 1994 Udo Schuermann
			    All rights reserved

...

[Sorry, I can't reproduce the article here, as it isn't freely redistributable.
 Ask Udo for a copy.  - J�G]